Thursday, April 2, 2009

The C-bomb

From Jezebel.com:

"Personally, I revel in vulgarity. I love the word "cunt" for its abruptness, its harsh syllable, its ability to shock nearly everyone. I don't say it to reclaim anything, really, either, because I appreciate its base nature, its harshness, its cruelty. I would rather be a cunt than a pussy (and certainly either than be a dick); I have a cunt, not a twat; I prefer being cunty to being bitchy because I feel like cuntiness is more deliberately mean. I like that "cunt" is worse than "fuck" on the scale of things you can't say in front of your mom. I feel I would rather my anatomy be the worst insult than a lesser insult, Because I'm competitive like that and because it's seemingly all based around the fear and mystery surrounding the female anatomy (and not just a little jealousy). But I also love the idea that it could be the greatest compliment, because having a cunt is pretty awesome."

1 comment:

elsa said...

Thanxxx for posting this.

I personally hate the word. It just seems like just another word, like bitch, pussy, twat, what-have-you, that refers to women/female anatomy in a derogatory terms.
I don't think calling someone a "cunt" means a person is "taking back" the word. It seems like s/he is looking for a word worse than bitch, which is a female dog, so s/he says "cunt" to be meaner or more abrasive. And everyone knows that a vagina is more awful than a dog.
Using "cunt" in reference to your vagina is...whatever. I don't know how I feel about it and I'm not going to tell a woman what she can or cannot call her vagina. But in our culture we have a very hard time saying the word VAGINA. And I don't think giving the vagina nicknames makes that any easier.

Mmmk, I'm done.