Sunday, September 14, 2008

One of the Sweetest (Legal) Jobs Ever

So it's 8:12 pm on a Sunday night, and I'm camped out on Google Reader listening to Animal Collective, eating a delicious savory tart and GETTING PAID FOR IT. Just how can you get twelve tax free dollars an hour plus free internet and dinner?
Babysitting.
I've got two toddlers feet away from me-- that have been sleeping since I walked in the door! Their adorable parents, who own the greatest literature and record collection I've ever seen, are so happy to get out of the house for some adult conversation and a chance to get drunk on nine dollar cocktails that they're all too happy to throw some crisp twenties at me for spending four hours with my laptop and a copy of The Believer.
What better way to spend one's post-college existence than reading about the collapsing economy in peace while realizing once and for all that I don't want kids?
But in the meantime I think I'll troll craig's list for dudes with great record collections who might one day make hot dads.

1 comment:

elsa said...

sure, but what if you find a hot dad?

your bebe would have big brown eyes!

..this comment quickly turned into one belonging on a mommy & me blog. sorry.