Wednesday, April 30, 2008

People Still Have Capacity for Humanity

I was just about to climb on this virtual soapbox and whine about how this freaking place (UVM, college, the World) is a wasteland of the walking corpses of a humanity that once existed, because everyone here is ugly, selfish and stupid. Never is this more apparent than during exam time, when everyone and their haggard looking brother camp out in the library to bro and ho around (ie complain, text and wear stupid clothing).
This morning, my eyes were glazing over in fear as I looked around for a computer while pondering the viability and morality of breeding laws and mandatory sterilization and just how I can instate and then rule my own fascist regime. All of a sudden, a guy saw me and asked if I needed a computer. When I said yeah, he went over to his and signed off. His kind action borne out of human empathy is why I sit here now writing this rather than a embittered and useless critique of the guy next to me (who is writing a research paper with Wikipedia).
So thanks, nice guy with floppy hair and blue eyes, because of you I have a little less hatred for the human race, and now I can write about the decline of existential freedom of the American citizen as see through film in relative comfort and convenience.

1 comment:

elsa said...

dave eggers with boobs, is that you?