Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wine-blogging with too much wine

Dedicated Readers (?),

My Live Wine-blogging of the Academy Awards was cut short because I 1.) had too much wine and 2.) it is largely considered rude to be typing away on your glowing laptop when you have guests over to watch the Academy Awards.

Anyway, I had so much to say about celebrities, as I often do, but they were saved for people "IRL" (in real life, apparently). I'm pretty sure I deserve a real celebrity blog, to be honest. However, I might have a higher calling (RU there god? It's me, Elsa) and I think that everyone on "the internet" thinks they deserve a celebrity blog (or their version of such).

In short, the Oscars sucked. Sandra Bullock seems like a fun gal to get a beer with, but not an Oscar nominee, let alone a winner! (People thought George Bush would be a good guy to get an beer with (he's an alcoholic) and he was president for 8 years. These are strange times we're living in, readers.)

Congratulations to Kathryn Bigelow for being the first woman to ever win an Oscar for Directing. Hopefully this will encourage female filmmakers and will discourage James "Jim" Cameron from ever making another again.

My award from Best Sexiest Man goes to Jeff Bridges. A fine wine, that man is. Best Lady I'm Currently Obsessed With goes to Carey Mulligan. Her hair! Her Britishness! Her Shia LeBouf!

Otherwise, the Oscars were too flippin' long. Get a grip, Hollywood.

2 comments:

merez said...

thought it was great and "duhhhhh" that Bigelow said she hoped that her winning would start the breaking down of the qualifier "female" when speaking about great, nay, incredible directors and moving picture shows.

Anonymous said...

imagining you saying "get a grip, hollywood" sets me to giggles. LOVE THIS. sandy bullock is the worst. way 2 go giving a lukewarm rom-com queen an oscar over gabourey sidibe/meryl streep. all that said, wish i woulda been drinking wine with you and booing!! <3