Monday, November 12, 2007

Here come the poop jokes

I've been noticing that we're pretty whiny. Now I like to bitch and moan as much (well, probably even a little more) than the next person, but I thought I'd take a moment to acknowledge some of the good points of all this modern technology, and also have a little laugh at the same time. So here's a little something that I dug up from the archives of my gmail account. Just think of all the nonsense and weird stuff that's saved up from your past in e-mail archives. These are not the memories that will find their way into a journal or photo album (god, I hope it wouldn't end up in a photo album!), and yet it is a a part of our past, recorded in its real and original form. For example, here is an e-mail from my sister from 2003:

i just got back from an unserendipitous trip to the bathroom.

i was sitting at my desk, and just needed a quick pee. simple enough, you may think. not with my luck...

i walk into the bathroom and almost keeled over at the stench; someone had a little too much chow mein at the staff lunch....but my bladder was ready to burst so i just stopped breathing through my nose, and went in for a quickie. right away i knew i started having second thoughts. sitting in a stew of someone else's poosmell, i hurried as fast as i could, sensing that somehow things were about to go terribly wrong.

sure enough, just as i walked out of the still-stinky stall, my arch-work-enemy Katja walked in... DAMMIT! trying for a lastditch save, i said, "hmm, i wouldn't go in there if i were you...someone before us really ruined it." she laughed an evil laugh and is going to torment me for the rest of my days here because she thinks she has somethign on me. but i swear, that poo was not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Penamé

2 comments:

emily said...

here's a little gem from my own sister, who shall remain nameless:


i have to write a ickle essay for professor republican. it will go something like this:
Elissa May
POLS 071
November 10, 2006

fuck you! nancy polosi is going to let the gays run wild! fuck you!

elsa said...

thanks for the poop story on this monday.

love, nameless